Today's Best NBA Reporting And Analysis 11/25/16
- Kings In Tough Situation With Cousins (from Shaun Powell, NBA.com):
- How Plumlee Makes Blazers' Offense Tick (from Jared Dubin, VICE Sports):
- The Lakers' Injuries,Upcoming Killer Schedule Will Test Them (from Scott Howard-Cooper, NBA.com):
- KD, Russ Can Relate To Lakers' Growth (from Mark Medina, LA Daily News):
- Brian Grant: Driven To Succeed As Broadcaster (from Scott Howard-Cooper, NBA.com):
- Ulis Slides Into Suns' Rotation Smoothly (from Paul Coro, azcentral.com):
- Nets' Coach Atkinson Starts By Building Rapport (from Scott Cacciola, NY Times):
- The Nets Really Miss Jeremy Lin (from Brian Lewis, NY Post):
- DeMar Derozan Q & A (from Marc J. Spears, The Undefeated):
- Rockets' Impasse With D-Mo Continues (from Marc Stein/Calvin Watkins, ESPN):
- NBA's Per Possession Stats Team Profiles (from stats.inpredcitable.com):
- "Spo" And "Fiz" (from Michael Lee, grizzlies.com):
- Fizdale Exudes Confidence, Humility (from Ronald Tillery, Commerical Appeal):
- Should Austin Rivers' Struggles Worry The Clippers? (from Ben Alamar, ESPN):
- Alex Len's "Career Year" (from Dave King, Bright Side Of The Sun):
- Magic Working To Find The Right Pace (from Philip Rossman-Reich, Orlando Magic Daily):
- Ugly Offense In Orlando (from John Schuhmann, NBA.com):
- Hornets Need To Improve Some Key Defensive Aspects (from John Schuhmann, NBA.com):
- George Hill Makes The Game Easier For The Jazz (from Mike Sorensen, Deseret News):
- Sixers' Assisting Is Impressive; How Much Better Will It Be With Simmons? (from Brian Jacobs, The Sixer Sense):
- Blake Griffin: Maturity, Communication Are Keys To The Clippers' Fast Start (from Dan Woike, OC Register):
- Adding KD Enhanced Draymond's Value To The Warriors (from Marcus Thompson, Mercury News):
From Janie McCauley, AP: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ap-interview-greens-steady-presence-keeps-warriors-ticking
- What Will Stanley Johnson's Future Role Be? (from Vince Ellis, Detroit Free Press):
- Thunder Slump Offers Teaching Moments For Jerami Grant (from Erik Horne, newsok.com):
- Slideshow: 5 Stats That Explain The Thunder's .500 Record (from Tony Heim, Thunderous Intentions):
- Thad Young's Shooting Has Been A Positive For Pacers (from Jordan Wilson, indysar.com):
- Story Time With Jim Boeheim (from Mike Waters, Syracuse.com):
BI Note: Years ago, a very wise basketball mind (who is still on top as an analyst today) told us two things about injury and schedule victories: 1) They count as much as any other win and 2) they are also "fool's gold": For example, if you have two days rest and are at home and you beat a mediocre team that is playing the second night of a road back-to-back, don't think of it as some sort of major or meaningful accomplishment. All it means is that you won a game that you would have had no business losing. "I mean, c'mon"
QOTD: (from Sergio Llull):
"I'm not in the NBA because I'm happy in Madrid. Houston has been waiting for me three of four years."
"They tried to convince me, but I am where I want to be in Madrid. Houston has been very respectful of my decision. They didn't pressure me and congratulate me on my success. I've never closed the door on the NBA. I live in the present."
"I have a contract with Real Madrid until 2021 and I plan on fulfilling it."
The expressions Of thanks that we received yesterday were both humbling and most appreciated. Hey, we just enjoy the NBA, good writing and sharing. But major gratitude to each of you!